Welcome to the day 2 of the General Motors diet plan. If you’ve followed the diet without cheating, you’ll surely lose up to 3 pounds on the first day itself. Similar to the GM diet day 1, the second day also contains selected foods. On this day, you’re allowed to eat only vegetables.
On the first day, you’ve got sugar from the fruits while today you’ll be getting fiber from the vegetables. It also helps in boosting your metabolic process.
How to Prepare Your Body for GM Diet Day 2?
The GM diet followers are only allowed to eat vegetables on the second day. Since only fruits are consumed on day 1, you might feel lightheaded due to the missing carbohydrates. Luckily, the foods which you eat on day 2 will be easily digested by the gastrointestinal tract.
Try to avoid consumption of Alcohol during this diet plan. Since, the alcoholic beverages contain nothing but calories, you’ll gain more weight instead of losing it.
GM Diet Day 2 Foods [Allowed]
You can eat unlimited amount of vegetables on this day. You can either prepare a vegetable salaad or eat them separately either in boiled or raw form. For better results, it is advised to have cabbage soup a.k.a wonder soup for Lunch and Dinner.
Sample Diet Plan for Day 2
Let us now look at the sample meal plan with the suggested foods.
- Breakfast (8 to 9 AM): 1 big boiled potato and 2 glasses of water.
- Mid-morning Snack (10 to 11 AM): 1 bowl of Cherry tomatoes or 2 tomatoes or boiled broccoli and 2 glasses of water.
- Lunch (12 to 1 PM): 1 bowl of Cabbage soup or vegetable salad and 1 glass of water.
- Afternoon Snack (4 to 5 PM): 1 Cucumber, 1 Tomato and 1/2 boiled beet root and 2 glasses of water.
- Dinner (6 to 7 PM): 1 bowl of Cabbage soup or vegetable salaad and 1 glass of water.
Make sure that you finish your dinner by 7PM and have at least 8 hours of sleep. The main target of today’s diet is to give you some carbs and at the same time increase your metabolic rate so that it helps in fastening the weight loss process in the following days of the diet plan.