Worried about how to get rid of that indelible cushion around your midsection? Belly fat is one of the most hazardous types of fat. Getting rid of belly fat is highly essential. Belly fat increases very quickly but reduces very slowly. In addition to affecting your aesthetic appeal, belly fat can be a sign of serious health diseases such as heart disease, level 2 diabetics etc. Therefore, it is very important for you to know how to get rid of belly fat. If you are looking to lose belly fat, read on for the different ways to a trim, flat and toned abs.
Why belly fat is dangerous?
Excess fat in your body is not a good sign. Wherever it is, excess fat always gives you health problems. Doctors are more concerned with excess fat in the belly. Excess belly fat can be considered as a hidden and the first sign of serious health issues to follow such as heart problems, level 2 diabetics, and some type of cancers. A person with a large belly may be resistant to insulin which is a crucial component in the fat burning process. He or she develops metabolic syndrome which results in serious health issues such as level 2 diabetics and high blood pressure. It also results in creating bad cholesterol in your body which can cause heart diseases. Belly fat is more common in men than in women. And because of that, men with tubby tummies in the age group of 30 to 40 years are more likely to suffer from heart related diseases.
Trimming down your belly fat will help in leading a healthier life. There is no quick fix for getting rid of belly fat. Curbing your carbohydrates and a lot of physical activity are the best way to eliminate excess belly fat. Merely making a few alterations to your diet and lifestyle can help boost your gut health, lower inflammation, put off the fat genes and help your body to get rid of fat, especially the belly fat spontaneously. For example, if your body weight decreases by more than 10 % percent, then your belly fat should ideally have decreased by more than 30- 40 %.
How to get rid of belly fat–6 best options
Stress is one of the main reasons for belly fat. A bad diet adds to it. Therefore it is very important to follow the guidelines strictly to get rid of belly fat.
- Sleep: Burning the midnight oil by avoiding sleep is not a good habit. Your biorhythms turn off, your body fat cells become less sensitive to insulin and so you have a constant urge to eat more. Less sleep produces hormonal changes in your body which results in producing cholesterol and affecting the cortisol level in your body. The change in cortisol level is one of the primary reasons for belly fat. Therefore, if you want to get rid of belly fat, make sure you have a minimum of 6 to 8 hours sleep per day.
Exercise plays a very important role in removing excess belly fat. You should do exercises that have a direct affect on your belly. Try exercises such as planking 3 to 4 times where you hold yourself for 30 seconds. You can also do squat exercise and deadlift to burn more fat. Going for a quick walk or 30 minutes of regular jogging will help in reducing belly fat.
- Reduce sugar consumption: Added sugar is unhealthy for the body. It affects your metabolic health. When you consume too much of refined sugar, the liver converts the excess sugars into fat and this increases the accumulation of fat in the belly. Include proteins, vegetables, whole grains in your diet. Adding small quantity of cinnamon in your morning coffee helps in reducing the blood sugar.
- Vitamin C: When a person is under excessive stress, the cortisol secretion will be more. Intake of Vitamin C helps in keeping a balance of cortisol hormone. Vitamin C intake also helps in the formation of carnitine which is an important component used by the body to turn fat into fuel. In simple terms, consuming Vitamin C helps in reducing the excessive body fat which in turn helps to reduce belly fat.
- Eating Fat: Yes, eating fat helps in reducing fat. People suffering from belly fat should consume good fat which helps in reducing bad fat from your belly. Eating food items like walnut, salmon and avocado helps in supplying nutrients for your body and keep you going.
- Slow down your breath: Another important and easy method to reduce excessive belly fat is slowing down your breath. When you are stressed, you tend to breathe fast and that is not good for your health. Consciously take efforts to slow down your breath, relax your belly and breathe slowly.
Why is my belly fat not reducing even after doing everything?
There are many people out there who have excess belly fat and after doing everything under the roof to reduce it, they are still not able to reduce an inch of their waist size. Some of the common reasons for not being able to reduce your belly fat are:
- Not doing the Right Workout: Cardio vascular activities are good for your heart, but to remove the excess belly fat, you need to do exercises that have a direct effect on your stomach. The right combination of weight training and cardio vascular training helps in reducing the excess fat.
- Eating Processed Foods: Regular intake of processed foods brings your metabolism to a halt and encourages the deposition of fat in the belly. You should stay away from processed foods and eat more of whole, natural foods. Fruits, vegetables and whole grains should be included in your regular diet to reduce excess belly fat.
- Avoid wrong fats: The intake of saturated fats increases the body fat. Avoid red meat and dairy items to reduce the excess belly fat. Include fish with omega-3s acids which helps in burning the excessive fat from your body.
- Avoid stress and be relaxed: When your stress level is high, the body releases cortisol production and resists weight loss. Cortisol takes fat from the healthier parts of your body, converts it into unhealthy visceral fat and deposits it around your abdomen thereby increasing belly fat. Remain relaxed and try to sleep well at night.
- Sickness: If you are sick and have high testosterone levels, then losing weight becomes very difficult. It is always better to consult a doctor and ask for guidance in such cases.
Belly fat is a serious health problem. Thinking about it can give you sleepless nights. If you follow the above mentioned guidelines, you do not have to worry thinking about how to get rid of belly fat. You can easily drop the excess flab on your belly through a healthy controlled diet, exercise and relaxed mind.