What is your biggest weight nightmare? For most people, the biggest weight nightmare is weight gain, especially face fat. The main issue with face fat is that it is difficult to hide it with clothing or with any makeup. Talking about appearance, people will notice your face first. One of the most difficult parts to tone in our body is the face. You should not only pamper your skin externally but tone it internally as well to give it a sharper look. Women have more chances of gaining weight in the face compared to men.
Causes of Face Fat
The main causes of fat in the face are
- Poor Diet: If your diet does not include good amount of nutrients, then it will not be a balanced diet. Avoid junk foods like pizzas and burgers. Lack of nutrients that are needed for your body, is one of the main reasons for the increase in fat. Fat in the face is caused by the deficiency of beta-carotene and Vitamin C deficiency. If you have the habit of taking excessive fatty foods, excessive carbohydrates and salts, it can result in an overall increase in body weight which naturally increases the weight in your face. Therefore, you need to be careful with your food habits.
- Dehydration: One of the main causes for fat in the face is dehydration. The body retains a large amount of water if it is dehydrated. The face stores most of this excess amount of water making your face look fat. Drinking a lot of water and having juicy fruits can help you to reduce this fat.
- Alcohol consumption: The consumption of alcohol can result in face fat. Whether you are taking beer, brandy or wine, anything that contains alcohol results in fat in the face. The alcohol makes you dehydrated. The body stores the water in different parts due to dehydration. The face is one part that will store the excess water. If you seriously want to avoid face fat, then cutting down on your alcohol consumption is one way of doing it.
- Hypothyroidism: If you are suffering from hypothyroidism, you will gain weight fast which will increase the fat in your face. Tiredness and dry skin are the other symptoms of hypothyroidism. If you are having these symptoms, please consult your physician.
- Other factors: The other factors causing excess fat include kidney disorders, insect bites, allergy, edema and nephritic syndrome.
Before you start the treatment for reducing your face fat, it is very important that you find out the exact cause of it. Knowing the correct cause helps in finding the correct treatment/exercise for removing the face fat.
How to lose weight in your face ?
Everyone wishes to look good. Removing the excess fat from your face helps you look good and confident. Are you wondering how to lose weight in your face? By following the steps given below, you can reduce the excess fat from your face and look good and healthier.
Reduce the overall weight of your body:
If you are overweight, losing the overall body weight will automatically make your face look thinner because the excess fat in the body normally disappears from the face first.
Drink plenty of water:
Drinking sufficient water keeps your body hydrated. If your body does not get enough water, it will retain the water and give your face a bloated look. Most doctors advice to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water on a daily basis. Including lots of water-based vegetables and fruits in your diet help in reducing the fat from the face. Drinking fruit juices, vegetable soups and herbal tea also help in increasing the water content in your body.
Reduce the intake of sugar and salt:
The intake of sugar and salt will result in the retention of water on your face. By reducing the intake of sugar and salt, you can easily reduce the fat from the face. Including more vegetables, fruits and whole grains in your diet will help in cutting down the fat from the face.
Avoid the consumption of Alcohol:
As discussed earlier, alcohol consumption increases face fat. Avoiding alcohol helps in reducing face fat. Alcohol and alcohol- containing drinks have excess sugar which results in weight gain. Quitting smoking also helps in keeping your face look young and fresh. When you quit smoking, the content of Vitamin C in your body increases and this finally results in reducing the fat from your face.
Keep an eye on medicines:
If you are taking any medicines with or without the prescription of the doctor, then check if that is causing weight gain. Avoid taking medicines without a prescription. If you are taking medicines prescribed by the doctor, then check with your doctor and discuss if the regular intake of the prescribed medicines causes weight gain.
Do plenty of exercises including face exercises:
Strength training exercises helps in increasing the metabolism and in reducing the excess fat from your body which in turn reduces face fat. Doing face exercises also help in reducing fat from your face. The human face contains more than 40 muscles. So, regular face exercise helps in keeping these muscles fresh and free from sagging.
Regular face massage helps in reducing the fat from your face. A good face massage done by professionals on a regular basis helps in tightening the face skin and avoiding sagging of the face muscles. Regular massages also help in reducing double chin and removes dark patches and circles from the face, making your face glow.
Chewing gum is a good exercise that helps in reducing the excess fat from the face. Just like any other body part, the more exercise you do, the better it is for the face.
Use quality makeup that suits:
Especially for women, it is very important that they use good quality and correct makeup which suits their face. Even though makeup does not have any effect on increasing the fat in your face, poor makeup can make your face look really fat. Therefore, try to do makeup to match your face.
Face fat is a serious issue which should be treated carefully. Controlling your diet and following a good life style helps in reducing fat from your face and makes you look young and fresh always. And you don’t have to worry about how to lose weight in your face.