Chemical exfoliators are facial care products that use acids to slough away the outermost layer of skin cells. The most common acids used in chemical exfoliators are glycolic acid, lactic acid, and salicylic acid. These acids can be found in many over-the-counter and prescription-strength facial care products.
A chemical exfoliator can improve the appearance of the skin by removing the build-up of dead skin cells, oil, and dirt. It can also help to unclog pores, which can reduce the appearance of blackheads and acne.
Chemical exfoliators can be used by people with all skin types, but they should be used with caution by people with sensitive skin. It is important to start slowly when using a chemical exfoliator, and to increase the frequency of use gradually.
Review of 10 best chemical exfoliator for face
1. Glycolic Acid Peel – Chemical Peel For Face – Skin Resurfacing Exfoliant with Lactic Acid & Pyruvic Fruit Acid (AHA) – Professional Facial Exfoliator Kit & Mask for Dark Spots & Acne Scars Appearance Treatment
This glycolic acid peel is a professional facial exfoliator that helps to resurface the skin and improve the appearance of dark spots and acne scars. The peel contains lactic acid and pyruvic fruit acid to exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin cells, while the mask helps to soothe and protect the skin.
1. Glycolic acid peels are a great way to resurface your skin.
2. They can help to reduce dark spots and acne scars.
3. They also help to exfoliate your skin, removing dead skin cells.
4. This can help to improve your complexion and give you a more youthful appearance.
5. Glycolic acid peels are also a great way to treat acne.
May cause skin irritation and redness.
I highly recommend this glycolic acid peel! I have been using it for about a month and have noticed a difference in the appearance of my skin. My skin is brighter and my dark spots have faded. The peel is easy to use and my skin feels softer after using it. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a good glycolic acid peel.
2. Paulas Choice–SKIN PERFECTING 2% BHA Liquid Salicylic Acid Exfoliant–Facial Exfoliant for Blackheads, Enlarged Pores, Wrinkles & Fine Lines, 4 oz Bottle
This facial exfoliant by Paula’s Choice is a 2% BHA liquid salicylic acid exfoliant that is designed to help clear blackheads, shrink enlarged pores, reduce wrinkles and fine lines, and improve the overall appearance of skin. It is free of fragrances, oil, alcohol, and other harsh irritants, and can be used on all skin types, even those with sensitive skin.
1. The product is a facial exfoliant that helps to remove blackheads, enlarged pores, wrinkles, and fine lines.
2. It contains 2% BHA liquid salicylic acid, which is the highest percentage of BHA available without a prescription.
3. The exfoliant is oil-free, non-comedogenic, and has anti-inflammatory properties.
4. It comes in a 4-oz. bottle, which is a generous size that will last for a while.
5. The product has a 4.5-star rating on Paula’s Choice website, with many users stating that it has helped to improve their skin’s appearance.
-The product may be too strong for some users, causing skin irritation.
Why we recommend
I have been using this product for a little over a month now, and I absolutely love it! My skin is so much smoother and my pores are smaller. I have also noticed a decrease in the number of blackheads I get. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for an exfoliant that will help improve their skin complexion.
3. Bliss Jelly Glow Peel™ Gentle Non-Abrasive Exfoliator With Fruit Enzymes | Clean | Cruelty Free | Paraben Free | 4 oz
This Bliss Jelly Glow Peel Gentle Non-Abrasive Exfoliator With Fruit Enzymes is a great product to use to clean your skin. It is cruelty free and paraben free. It comes in a 4 oz size.
-The Bliss Jelly Glow Peel is a gentle, non-abrasive exfoliator that contains fruit enzymes.
-It is clean, cruelty free, paraben free, and comes in a 4 oz. size.
-The Bliss Jelly Glow Peel is perfect for all skin types, and can be used 2-3 times a week.
-It leaves skin feeling soft, smooth, and glowing.
The product is not available in stores.
If you’re looking for a gentle, non-abrasive exfoliator, Bliss Jelly Glow Peel™ is a great option. It contains fruit enzymes that help to remove dead skin cells and leave your skin looking brighter and more radiant. It’s also free of parabens and cruelty-free. I highly recommend this product!
4. Neutrogena Skin Perfecting Daily Liquid Facial Exfoliant with 9% AHA/PHA Blend for Normal & Combination Skin, Smoothing & Brightening Leave-On Exfoliator, Oil- & Fragrance-Free, 4 fl. oz
This Neutrogena Skin Perfecting Daily Liquid Facial Exfoliant has a 9% AHA/PHA blend to help smooth and brighten your skin. It is oil- and fragrance-free and is designed for normal to combination skin.
1. AHA/PHA blend: The Neutrogena Skin Perfecting Daily Liquid Facial Exfoliant features a blend of AHA and PHA acids, which work together to exfoliate and brighten skin.
2. Smoothing & brightening: The liquid exfoliant helps to smooth skin and brighten it, making it look more radiant.
3. Oil- & fragrance-free: It is oil- and fragrance-free, making it ideal for those with sensitive skin.
4. 4 fl. oz: The liquid exfoliant comes in a 4 fl. oz bottle, making it a great value.
May not be effective for all skin types
I have been using this Neutrogena Skin Perfecting Daily Liquid Facial Exfoliant for a few weeks now and I really like it! I have normal to combination skin and this product has not made my skin dry or oily. It has a light citrus scent and goes on smoothly. I use it twice a day, in the morning and at night, and my skin feels softer and looks brighter. I would definitely recommend this product!
5. Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant (0.45 oz)- Exfoliator Face Scrub Powder – Achieve Brighter, Smoother Skin daily with Papaya Enzyme and Salicylic Acid
The Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant is a face scrub powder that helps achieve brighter, smoother skin daily. Papaya enzyme and salicylic acid help to exfoliate and clarify the skin.
-Gently exfoliates the skin daily, leaving it brighter and smoother
-Papaya enzyme and salicylic acid help to achieve a brighter, more even complexion
-Can be used up to twice a day for best results
-Non-abrasive and gentle enough for daily use
There is no disadvantage for this product.
Why we recommend
I love the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. It is an exfoliator that comes in a powder form. You mix it with water to create a paste and then apply it to your face. It contains papaya enzyme and salicylic acid, which help to brighten and smooth your skin. I have been using it for about a year and my skin has never looked better. It is gentle enough to use every day, but effective enough to make a noticeable difference in my skin. I highly recommend it!
6. InstaNatural Exfoliating Glycolic Face Mask & Facial Scrub – Blackhead Treatment for Brightening and Exfoliation with Turmeric & Vitamin C – Natural AHA Enzyme Exfoliant for Scars & Glowing Skin
Looking for a deep-cleansing, exfoliating face mask? Look no further than the InstaNatural Exfoliating Glycolic Face Mask. This blackhead treatment contains powerful ingredients like turmeric and vitamin C to help brighten and exfoliate your skin. The natural AHA enzyme exfoliant can also help to reduce the appearance of scars and give you glowing skin.
1. The InstaNatural Exfoliating Glycolic Face Mask & Facial Scrub is a great blackhead treatment that can help brighten and exfoliate your skin.
2. This facial scrub contains natural AHA enzymes that can help exfoliate your skin and reduce the appearance of scars.
3. The InstaNatural Exfoliating Glycolic Face Mask & Facial Scrub also contains turmeric and vitamin C, which can help brighten your skin and give it a healthy glow.
-May not be suitable for those with very sensitive skin
Why we recommend
If you’re looking for an exfoliating face mask that will help brighten and rejuvenate your skin, then you should definitely try out the InstaNatural Exfoliating Glycolic Face Mask & Facial Scrub. This mask contains glycolic acid, turmeric, and vitamin C, all of which are beneficial for the skin. The glycolic acid helps to exfoliate the skin, while the turmeric and vitamin C work to brighten and rejuvenate it. I highly recommend this mask for anyone who wants to achieve brighter, more youthful-looking skin.
7. St. Ives Acne Control Medicated Apricot Scrub, 6 Oz (3 Pack)
This acne control scrub is a 6 oz (3 pack) set of apricot scrubbers that help clear skin and prevent future breakouts. With salicylic acid and apricot extract, this scrub helps to unclog pores and remove dead skin cells, while the natural oils help to soothe and protect skin.
1. Controls acne and prevents future breakouts.
2. Contains salicylic acid to help clear pores and minimize acne flare-ups.
3. Gentle enough for daily use.
4. Apricot scrub helps to exfoliate skin and remove dead skin cells.
5. Leaves skin feeling clean, refreshed, and smooth.
-The product may be too harsh for some users, causing skin irritation.
This is an amazing product! I have been using it for a while now and it has helped clear up my skin! The apricot scrub is gentle but effective and the medicated aspect helps keep my skin clear. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for an effective acne scrub!
8. Olay Vitamin C Face Mask Kit, Exfoliator Kit with Mask, Silica, & Exfoliating Aha Peel 4.2 Fl Oz
This Olay Vitamin C Face Mask Kit is a 4.2 fl oz set that includes an exfoliator, mask, silica, and exfoliating AHA peel. The exfoliator is a gentle scrub that helps remove dead skin cells, while the mask helps to tighten and brighten skin. The silica helps to reduce the appearance of pores, and the AHA peel helps to remove dullness and reveal a brighter complexion.
1. The Olay Vitamin C Face Mask Kit is a great way to get all of the benefits of a face mask in one convenient kit.
2. The kit comes with an exfoliator, a mask, and silica, all of which work together to give you a deep cleanse and bright complexion.
3. The exfoliator is made with alpha hydroxy acids (AHA), which help to remove dead skin cells and promote collagen production.
4. The mask is made with vitamin C, which helps to brighten and even skin tone.
5. The silica helps to absorb excess oil and sebum, while the AHA peel helps to remove dead skin cells.
6. The kit is easy to use and can be used once or twice a week to achieve optimal results.
7. The kit is affordable and can be found at most drugstores.
-The product may not be suitable for all skin types
Why we recommend
This Olay Vitamin C Face Mask Kit is a great product! I really like the exfoliator kit with the mask, silica, and exfoliating aha peel. It leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, and refreshed. I would definitely recommend this product to others.
9. Toyo – Cure Aqua Gel – Facial/Full-body Peeling Gel, Water-based Exfoliator, Dead Skin Remover for Bright, Youthful Skin, 250ml. – 1 Pack
Experience the refreshing sensation of Toyo’s Cure Aqua Gel, a water-based exfoliator that gently removes dead skin cells to reveal brighter, more youthful skin. This facial and full-body peeling gel is enriched with natural ingredients like chamomile and lavender oil to soothe and condition skin. Suitable for all skin types, Cure Aqua Gel leaves skin feeling soft, smooth, and refreshed.
1. The Toyo – Cure Aqua Gel – Facial/Full-body Peeling Gel, Water-based Exfoliator, Dead Skin Remover for Bright, Youthful Skin, 250ml is a great product because it is a water-based exfoliator that helps remove dead skin cells.
2. This product is also great because it helps brighten and rejuvenate the skin, giving you a youthful appearance.
3. The Toyo – Cure Aqua Gel – Facial/Full-body Peeling Gel, Water-based Exfoliator, Dead Skin Remover for Bright, Youthful Skin, 250ml is easy to use and is a great value for the price.
May not be effective for all skin types.
This Toyo Cure Aqua Gel is amazing! I have never used an exfoliator that is so gentle but still effective. A little goes a long way, and it has definitely brightened and softened my skin. I highly recommend this product!
10. Eva Naturals Vitamin C Serum Plus 2% Retinol, 3.5% Niacinamide, 5% Hyaluronic Acid, 2% Salicylic Acid, 10% MSM, 20% Vitamin C – Skin Clearing Serum – Anti Aging Skin Repair, Face Serum (1 oz)
This serum is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that are essential for healthy skin. The combination of ingredients helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, while also clearing up skin blemishes.
1. The serum is made with high-quality ingredients that help to clear skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
2. The vitamin C content helps to brighten skin and improve overall complexion.
3. The retinol content helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
4. The niacinamide content helps to reduce the appearance of redness and blemishes.
5. The hyaluronic acid content helps to hydrate and plump skin.
6. The salicylic acid content helps to clear and prevent breakouts.
7. The MSM content helps to support collagen production and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
8. The serum is non-irritating and is suitable for all skin types.
9. The serum is affordable and can be used daily.
The serum may not be effective for everyone.
I’ve been using Eva Naturals Vitamin C Serum Plus for a few weeks now and I really love it! The serum has a light, refreshing citrus scent and is very lightweight. It absorbs quickly into the skin and doesn’t leave behind any greasy residue. I’ve been using it in the morning and at night and my skin feels softer and smoother. My complexion also seems more radiant and even-toned. I would highly recommend this serum to anyone looking for a good anti-aging serum.
What are the benefits of using a chemical exfoliator?
Chemical exfoliators are products that use acids or enzymes to remove the dead cells on the surface of the skin. This can improve the appearance of the skin, making it look smoother and brighter. It can also help to unclog pores and improve the absorption of skincare products.
What are the different types of chemical exfoliators?
There are a few different types of chemical exfoliators, which can be generally broken down into two categories: physical and chemical.
Physical exfoliators include items like scrubs, brushes, and cloths, which use friction or abrasion to remove dead skin cells. Chemical exfoliators, meanwhile, use substances that dissolve the bonds between cells, allowing them to be eliminated more easily. This can be done through acids (like glycolic or salicylic acid), enzymes (like papain or bromelain), or other chemicals.
How do I choose the best chemical exfoliator for my face?
When choosing a chemical exfoliator, it is important to consider your skin type. If you have dry skin, you will want to choose a chemical exfoliator that is gentle and hydrating. If you have oily skin, you will want to choose a chemical exfoliator that is cleansing and mattifying.
Chemical exfoliators are a type of facial scrub that use acids to remove the top layer of skin. This can help to improve skin texture and reduce the appearance of blemishes. There are many different types of chemical exfoliators available, and each one has its own unique set of benefits and drawbacks.
When looking for the best chemical exfoliator for face, it is important to consider the acid type, the pH level, and the concentration of the acid. Some acids are better suited for certain skin types than others. For example, glycolic acid is a good choice for people with dry skin, while salicylic acid is a good choice for people with oily skin.
The pH level of the exfoliator is also important. The ideal pH level for most chemical exfoliators is 3.5 or lower. A lower pH level means that the acid is more acidic and will be more effective at exfoliating the skin.
The concentration of the acid is also important. A higher concentration of acid will be more effective at exfoliating the skin, but it may also be more irritating. It is important to start with a lower concentration of acid and increase the concentration if needed.